Students with documented disabilities may receive test-taking accommodations through the DSS office after obtaining appropriate authorization from the DSS office.
- Must be an SSU student and currently enrolled with the Disability Services for Students office.
- Have specific documentation of a disability-related functional limitation indicating the need for test-taking accommodations
- Obtain the DSS Academic Accommodation Authorization form (each semester) from your Disability Management Advisor
- Meet with a DSS Advisor at the beginning of each semester to obtain the DSS Academic Accommodation Authorization form (one for each class)
- Provide the DSS Academic Accommodation Authorization form to each faculty member where accommodations are needed
- Schedule all exams, including finals, with the DSS office as soon as the test dates have been determined
- Confirm your testing appointment with your instructor one week prior to the exam, by sending a reminder email, to ensure that the instructor provides the DSS office with the exam before the testing appointment