State and federal law require that students be permitted to use a recorder or captioning services in an academic setting when recording/transcripts of material is necessary to provide reasonable accommodations for a documented disability. The following agreement is intended to protect the rights of the student and the faculty member while complying with this law.
- To use recordings or transcriptions only for study and classroom use.
- Not to share these recordings, transcriptions, notes or slides with any individual or entity without prior written consent from my professor.
- To turn off or pause my recording device when other students are forbidden from taking notes.
- Not to use recorded or transcribed materials in any way which would interfere with the legal right, privacy, or the faculty members’ effort to obtain copyright.
- To erase/destroy recordings or transcriptions immediately after the course final.
- The Recording App license may be canceled if DSS determines the student is not sufficiently utilizing the APP.
Student understands that this agreement remains in effect for my entire tenure as a student at Sonoma State University, and that failure to abide by this agreement would constitute a violation of the Standards of Student Conduct (Title 5) and shall be reported to the Student Conduct Administrator for adjudication.