Should I provide accommodations to a student who does not present an Accommodation Letter?

If a student asks for an accommodation but does not deliver an Accommodation Letter from DSS verifying eligibility for academic adjustments, it is strongly recommended that you contact DSS or direct the student to contact DSS.  Similarly, if a student asks you for an accommodation, and that specific accommodation is not listed in the letter from DSS, you are not obligated to provide it.  To reiterate, you are urged not to seek to arrange by yourself accommodations for the student; refer him or her instead to DSS.  If you are ever uncertain about your obligations, please call at 707-664-2677 or email