What should I do if I believe an accommodation listed in the Accommodation Letter fundamentally alters an essential element of my course? Do I have any recourse if I disagree about recommended accommodations?

Yes. Academic adjustments listed in the student’s Accommodation Letter are open for negotiation. You can and should bring your concerns about specific accommodations to the DSS Advisor working with your student. It may be that a different accommodation would be better suited to your particular course and the DSS Advisor can help develop the alternative.