Use Otter to Transcribe a Zoom Meeting in a Web Browser Window
- Join a Zoom meeting with your web browser (Chrome recommended)
- Add a browser tab and log into Otter.ai
- Click on the Record button (microphone icon) when the Zoom meeting starts.
- Make sure that audio is coming from the speakers and do not use headphones.
- Leave the browser tab with Otter running in the background and bring your Zoom meeting tot he foreground (top-level) of your desktop
- At the end of the lecture, return to the browser tab with Otter running and stop recording
- Access your Otter recording (conversations) via the Otter website or Mobile App to view the transcription (wait a few minutes for the processing to complete)
Record an Otter App for iOS or Android App
- Joining the Zoom meeting on your computer
- Make sure the audio is coming from the computer speakers and do not use headphones
- Open the Otter.ai App on your device
- Click on the Record button (mic icon) in the Otter app to record a new conversation. on your device
- Place the device near the computer speakers
- Click on the Stop button (solid square icon) on your device to stop and save the recording.
- The recording will take several minutes to process.